Sunday, February 22, 2009

New Floor!

We finally have the floor I have been dreaming of since we moved in! Goodbye grandma flowered floor that you can see every speck of dirt on...Hello dark, modern floor that does not show dirt...and looks MUCH better!! My mom and dad came on Saturday to help put down the floor(more my dad, not so much my mom). The men worked hard measuring and cutting and measuring some more while my mom and I picked up lunch and went to this cool antique store called Everything but Grannie's Panties...good name.

My parents left before the floor was finished and Evan was too tired to finish the floor so we decided to wait until Sunday. We started where we left off and then realized we need like two more planks. So...instead of going to Evan's lacrosse game, I went to Home Depot, got the rest of the floor and we finished it tonight! I am proud to say I did about 1/10th of the floor. The very last 10th. I would like to thank my wonderful husband for putting up with my nagging and my awesome father who is smart because he measures twice and cuts once....and made our floor look wonderful!

Here is before.......

and here is after!

Our kitchen is pretty much complete, the only things we have left to update are the stove and dishwasher. They work fine so those will stay around for now. And maybe one day I will get around to painting the side door white!!

1 comment:

David & Amy Bunge said...

The floor looks great, Heidi.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails