Sunday, June 13, 2010

Chocolate Goodness

 What do you get when you combine chocolate with sugar, butter and crackers? The best toffee crunch bars EVER.
  This recipe was made three times in the past week at our house. Once for a lacrosse picnic, next for Evan and I and then last for our friends we went to visit, who just had a baby. I made it different each time. The first time was with chocolate/peanut butter chips, second time was just with semi sweet chocolate chips, third time was with heath bar toffee chips. I think the best one was the first with the peanut butter.  :)  Here is the super easy recipe:

Yummy Toffee Crunch Bars
*2 sticks of butter
*1 cup light brown sugar
*1 column of Saltine crackers
*1 package of your choice of chocolate chips(milk chocolate and peanut butter were my favorite!)

-Melt butter and brown sugar together on stove, bring to a boil for 3 minutes
-On a 10x15 baking sheet lined with foil(with edges is helpful) spread out crackers in rows
-Pour sugar mixture over crackers and bake at 400 for 5-7 minutes
-Once baked, spread chocolate chips on top and spread evenly when melted. 
-Cool in fridge for 30 minutes or more, then break into pieces. 

ENJOY!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Guess what Logan and I are making at this very moment! I'm so excited! Thanks for sharing! :) I love finding things that Logan can help me do!

Heidi said...

Hope Logan had fun and hope yall had fun eating it!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails