Sunday, July 11, 2010

In the crafting mood

Over the past few weeks, I have had the craft bug. It only comes at certain times and when it does, I just can't stop!!  I find myself sewing buttons or cutting patterns for hours and next thing I know, its 1am!  For this round of crafts, I wanted to try a couple new things, baby things of course, what else? I really need to expand from baby crafts, but they are just so cute(and usually easy)!  The first new craft on the list is shortalls. Who doesn't love a little baby boy in his summer Jon Jons? Mr Baby is growing fast, and his lower half is larger now because of his cloth diapers so I figured I would make him some cute summer outfits he can grow into for August and September. There are no baby model pictures since he needs to grow into them, but here are the two I have finished so far...

( Ignore the wrinkles, I ironed them about 10 times and they are still wrinkly!)

They definitely have their flaws, but that just makes them unique! As long as they don't fall apart, we should be okay, haha. I have some blue seersucker material left, so there is one more to make. I also want to have them monogrammed, appliqued, or both.
The next project was a simple solution for toys or cups that fall on the nasty floor at restaurants or on the ground. A Velcro strap to attach a toy or cup to Mr Baby's stroller or high chair while out and about. I haven't tried it out yet, so hopefully the Velcro will hold! I saw one of these at Buy Buy Baby and thought it would be easy to steal the idea create myself....
 (Once again, not very pretty with the stitching, but hey, it took about 5 minutes to make!)

And last of all, just a cute bib for the cute baby....

I love big single letters and might try some on shirts and onsies too! Other than a couple presents for a baby shower and birthday, I think I will be done for a while!



2 comments:

Linda Leekley said...

Heidi, you are outdoing yourself! I'm glad that sewing machine I got you is being put to such good use. Have you created an Etsy account for yourself yet? ;-)
Love,
Linda

David & Amy Bunge said...

Dillon is fortunate to have such a crafty mommy :). Harrison's fortunate I have crafty family and friends. I love the fabric you chose for the shortalls (I've never heard that name before).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails