Thursday, June 9, 2011

Water Fun








Don't know if you've noticed, but its been pretty hot lately. Shoooooweeeee!!! Trust me when I say we don't do well with the heat. Us pale folks (not Evan, he has nice tan skin) can't be in the sun long without turning into lobsters and poor Dillon gets so over heated. The only way to stay cool is with a constant stream of water or just a whole crap load of it...like a pool! This week, if we have been outside, we had water there as our friend. Dillon's baby pool on the deck, the spray ground at the park (lots of fun with his play group!) and his first trip this year to the big pool. He loves the water but takes a little while to warm up to the big pools. We jumped and swam and tried to kick but he wanted to cling onto me for a good 20 minutes and told me "all done" about 20 times. I ignored his objections, telling him he really loved it, he just didn't know it yet and he eventually figured out mommy was right. haha. He just didn't want me throwing him up in the air quite yet.  Once we found some toys, he loved scooping the water and splashing with his cousin. What he doesn't know is that he will be a little fishy soon and swim like his mommy. :)   I think our next water adventure will be the au naturale route and we will visit Jordan Lake (or is that a man made lake? I haven't a clue) then maybe a water park? And the beach!  Fun summer plans ahead to keep us from passing out!!!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails