Sunday, July 19, 2009

Trash to Treasure...Weekend Project

Evan and I have been looking for some short bookcases for a while to fit under a window in the nursery. Something to hold books and toys but doesn't take up a lot of space. We have pretty much covered every part of the room except for one empty space....until now! I spotted two cute little bookcases in the back room(the reject room) of an antique store. They were calling my name to save them from drowning in "antique" furniture. I knew they were perfect but Evan wanted to think about it first...he soon realized I was right(haha) in that we probably wouldn't be able to find real wood bookcases anywhere for that price. Sooooo he drove back to get them and what a great fit...but not a great color.....

So the next question...to stain or not to stain? Paint? What color? After some much needed interior decorator advice from a friend, we decided to paint them the same color as our other furniture(MUCH easier than staining...Evan was not thrilled with doing a stain). Evan did a GREAT job on the painting while I watched, crossing my fingers they wouldn't turn out red.they matched perfectly!!

We are going to attach them together as one unit and place them like they are in the picture with a bean bag pillow/chair to the right. Dillon's nursery is coming together nicely, I'm hoping to be done in the next couple months!

2 comments:

Linda Leekley said...

What a great find, Heidi! And Ev did do a terrific job. The bookcases look like they came with your other furniture! Can't wait to see the finished room in person!

Stephanie Jean said...

Looks good! :) I have to email you back - oops! I've been looking for a beanbag for you. Email me again if you need help! xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails