Thursday, May 28, 2009

New Hobby

I pretended like I could sew when I was younger and made some "purses" with my Great Grandma's sewing machine. Now, I have a new sewing machine and lessons from my mother in law that expanded my knowledge and skill! Making crafty things is a stress reliever for me and sewing has been a great one.....now that I know what I'm doing, haha. The first project was a taggie blanket for my niece that I wanted for make for her a long time ago. I don't have a picture of that one. I figured I would keep it simple at first and stuck with little taggie burp cloths......On the second one, I forgot to place the ribbon on the inside of the blanket before I turned it right side out, so one side has the taggies on the inside...oops. These were really fun to make so I will probably keep cranking them out with the rest of my fabric and ribbon!

2 comments:

Linda Leekley said...

Heidi,
You are doing great! I'm very impressed with your advancing skills. Keep it up and you can start selling them and make a fortune. ;-)
Can't wait for Saturday!
Love,
Linda

Rockie said...

These look great!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails