Sunday, May 24, 2009

Strawberry Time!

We made it out to pick strawberries on Saturday and glad we went early b/c prego and heat do not mix well these days. There is this cute little farm called Waller Family Farm near our house we always drive by, so that was the place. Evan and I picked for about 45 min and had about 10(no joke) pounds of strawberries!! I ate lots on the way home and more when we got back. We took a gallon bag over to Megan and Mike's and still have tons left.... So, I froze a few bags and the rest will be munched on and made into a strawberry cake tomorrow! Whew! They are probably some of the best strawberries I have ever tasted, and I had to test out the macro setting on my camera......Hope everyone got some fresh strawberries this season! Happy eating :)

4 comments:

Linda Leekley said...

Thanks so much for sharing your bounty, Heidi. They ARE the best strawberries I've ever tasted!
Hugs,
Linda

David & Amy Bunge said...

We went and picked some up from a stand nearby; no picking for us. We maybe ended up with 3 lbs, and our refrigerator is stocked. I'm making a strawberry pie tomorrow with ours. I'll probably have to freeze some, too. I love the pictures you took with the macro setting, by the way. Nice!

Unknown said...

Man- I go away for a week, and you changed everything around! I thought about you this morning and I remembered a good site to start your CVSing if you wanted to do that.... http://www.kingdomfirstmom.com/search/label/The%20CVS%20$5%20Challenge

Oh, and the paper always runs deals on Sunday paper. I got a years worth of Sunday's for $52 and a of bonus two movie tickets... my aunt got the same deal, but instead of the tickets she got $20 at Target.

She explains things pretty good...
Oh, and no news. I have to wait two more weeks! UGH! This morning was just to see if eggs were cooking down there... I'll know tomorrow if it's even possible.

See you Wednesday!

Unknown said...

P.S. Jealous of your camera.. I want one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails