Sunday, April 10, 2011

Easter Bunny Shirt

Time for another holiday appliqued shirt! I haven't made one since Thanksgiving so I am due for another one Easter will be here before I know it so I whipped up an Easter bunny shirt for Dillon. I even managed to take pictures for step by step instructions. This is so easy and fast to make, especially during a long nap time.  :)

*please excuse my crappy pictures, the lighting in my craft room is horrible and I didn't feeling editing

First, gather your supplies- shirt, fabric, erasable marker, scissors and applique pattern. For the pattern, all I did was search for pics of bunny appliques online, enlarged it in Word, printed and cut out on cardstock. You can find an erasable marker at any craft store. The fabric is by Michael Miller. Love his fabric!!

 Next, trace your bunny on the back of your fabric with your marker. Don't worry, the purple will fade :) Cut out carefully with some sharp scissors.



How you attach it to your shirt is up to you but I find the easiest way is with fusible interfacing (I recommend Heat and Bond or Wonder Under). Iron on your interfacing and then iron your applique to your shirt. I have also used a spray adhesive, which is very easy. You just spray it on the back of your fabric and then press it on. An easy way if you want to avoid getting the iron out.



Now, sew either a zig zag or straight stitch around the edges of your applique to give it a finished look.

 and......BAM you're done in around 30 minutes with a super cute Easter shirt!  I'm thinking about making some little shorts to match!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails