Saturday, June 23, 2012

Dillon's New Room {Vintage Trains}




This summer will be a big change for Dilly man! We are moving his room next door so we don't have to flip flop bed and crib. It worked out nice since now we only have to paint one room vs two! When I saw the inspiration board above, I knew it was what we needed to do. The walls are already that grey color and Dillon is obsessed with trains! I am excited to start collecting train things for the walls and find some matching decor. We are going to hit up Ikea for curtains, blankets, duvet, sheets, etc then lots of antique/thrift stores for train things. I found a huge train book today along with 4 8x10 white frames and got started on some wall art (all from Ollie's).



This took FOREVERRRRRR. I cut out all the pictures, then changed my mind about 234364564534 times before I liked the completed collage. I am pretty happy with the results!
 Next, we are going to attempt a RR crossing sign headboard and then Ikea next month!

2 comments:

lauren brittany said...

i'll be more than happy to help out with the train sign. i need to get some more white and black paint and i already have the wood. i'll see what i can come up with. xoxo

Heidi said...

Awesome! You are the best!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails