Friday, November 28, 2008

Gobble Gobble!

Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone but it was a success! I didn't know how I would feel having 10 people over and cooking a pretty important meal, but it was all pretty easy! I woke up around 9am and started on the desserts while Evan cleaned up around the house and outside. I made a blackberry-raspberry-blueberry pie, which came out perfect! This was the first time I made a pie all by myself, watching my mom make them probably helped some. :)
I also made a peanut-chocolate torte and one of our guests brought pumpkin pie.
My brother in law and his girlfriend came over early to help us in the kitchen...they made a yummy salad and helped Evan with the turkey, which was so easy...a turkey, granny smith apples, champagne, spices and throw it in a roasting bag! We had just enough turkey with maybe one or two helpings of leftovers. The rest of our meal consisted of stuffing, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, rolls, mashed potatoes and lingon berries(a Norwegian tradition)
I didn't get a picture of the whole crew but here are a few from the day. We are so thankful for our family and friends who came to join us and for having a table big enough to fit everyone :) I really enjoy having people over at our house and I am looking forward to our next big bash!

1 comment:

Chantry said...

thanks for sharing your blog with me! i am soooo impressed that you hosted Thanksgiving your first year of marriage!!! It looks like it was a perfect day! I am going to add your blog to my site so that I can check it often!

Take Care!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails