Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Criminal on the Loose...

We had some interesting things happen to us early Sunday morning.....I was startled awake around 4am to a bang and Sherman started growling. It was one of those noises where it wakes you up so its hard to tell where it came from. Evan didn't wake up so I had to beat him awake to go check to see if there was someone breaking into our house. He looked around and brought our watch dog with him. Nothing was out of the ordinary, all the windows and doors were intact so we went back to bed. It could have been a branch that fell or the wind.

The next time we woke up, we were all startled by a loud sound on our deck at 8am. It almost sounded like someone/something running off our deck. (deer? person??) Sherman growled and we just laid there like...what just happened? We figured it had to be deer on the deck or a branch that fell. WELL....30 minutes later, the cops are banging on our door. They have a search dog and are wondering if our neighbors are ever home. We said we rarely saw them outside or with cars in the driveway. They said their back screen door was open. The next thing they said was that a man was hiding at his girlfriend's house and took off. I am assuming he must have ran through our neighborhood and they were just checking with all the neighbors to see if anyone saw something fishy. We told them that we actually heard noises around 4am and 8am and then we were like....wow, could that have been him trying to break in?? I freaked out of course and Evan was the rational one who told me not to worry. I wanted to talk to the cops more to find out what this guy did and why he was running from them, but they were already in the back of our yard.

Today I call my neighbor two doors down to see if the cops talked to them Sunday morning. She was like "They never came by here, but what happened?? We saw cop cars down our street and all down cole mill rd with their lights on!!" I then told her we never saw cop cars b/c we just stayed in the house for a while so apparently this man must have done something pretty bad and the cops didn't want to scare us....GREAT.

My co worker's husband is a Durham cop so I am going to see if he can look up the report and let us know what this guy did, I am very curious to see what happened and what he was doing in our non scary, non criminal neighborhood!! I will update with the juicy details when I find out something!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails