Friday, May 21, 2010

Show Us Your Life: Your Hometown

This week on KellysKorner SUYL is all about your hometown. I am proud to be a southern girl born and raised in NC, Greenville to be exact. Went to school in Greensboro and then moved to Raleigh for my first job. I haven't lived anywhere else so I sure know my way around this beautiful state and love to brag about how it's a great place to visit! Friendly people, the best food, great shopping and gorgeous weather. One of the best things about living in the middle of the state is-moutains are 3-4 hours west and the beach is 2 hours east. What more could you want?  We love our hometown of Durham and here is our mini tour around the town~~~

Home of the Blue Devils, go Duke! We love all things Duke, especially basketball. Such a great hospital and school. Mr Baby and I love to take walks around the lovely campus and we visit Duke Gardens quite often too!


Another favorite about this part of the state-gorgeous leaves in the fall, my favorite time of the year!  :)
(These are trees in our front yard)




Eno River State Park is a beautiful river practically in our backyard. We walk down there quite often from our house but there are many different access points of the River and tons of great trails.


Museum of Life and Science and butterfly house-I can't wait to take Dillon here in a few more months! I haven't been since I was a kid



Durham Performing Arts Center-broadway tours, comedians, singers. And such a pretty building!


American Tobacco District recreated into restaurants, shops, exhibits, baseball stadium, offices, etc. Lots of history here and a fun place for weekends! Also home of our Farmer's Market.



Brightleaf Square-great historic area of downtown. Old warehouse buildings turned into restaurants and shops


Durham Bulls Baseball Stadium(the original stadium was the location of the movie Bull Durham!) This is also where we watch the awesome fireworks display on Forth of July!

Skyline of downtown
And of course, I can't forget to mention that Durham was voted the 5th best place to live by US News and World Report in 2009!  Whoop Whoop! We love this town!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I absolutely love NC! We went to Greenville for the C-USA football championship this year -- my boyfriend works in strength and conditioning for UH -- and all I kept saying was how beautiful NC was, and how I wanted to come back sometime!

Kari said...

I am an NC girl born and raised, too! I love visiting Durham! I live about an hour away from the beach...so that is wonderful! Loved the post and I love your passion for NC! I LOVE this state, too!

Shoshanah said...

I'm in awe at those flowers at Duke Gardens. Especially those on top of the gazebo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails